Putnam Associates, a premier strategy consulting firm serving the biopharmaceutical industry, was developing a go-to-market strategy to expand their client’s anti-infective portfolio in new markets across nine countries in Africa and Southeast Asia.
It was imperative that Putnam gained insights from on the ground specialists to inform and supplement their strategic recommendations.
To get these insights, they partnered with Techspert, an AI technology innovator that specializes in connecting businesses with subject matter experts.
Putnam needed us to connect them with African and Southeast Asian-based infectious disease key opinion leaders (KOLs) who have familiarity with stakeholders who treat or prevent infectious diseases, including:
• National, local or regional programs/policies
• Institutional programs/policies
• Local NGOs
The Techspert approach
We’ve developed an internal Semantic Search Engine, enabling the ability to accurately match experts to a request, dig deep within medical fields and drill down into specialisms within therapeutic and disease areas that would be hard to find manually. This gives the us the ability to quickly turn around both broad and narrow briefs to finding the best, and often undiscovered, experts.
Powered by the Semantic Search Engine, our AI located, qualified, and extracted expert profiles of specialists matching Putnam’s specific criteria.
We successfully connected Putnam with 39 infectious disease KOLs across nine African and Southeast Asian countries including Cambodia, Honduras, Ghana, Indonesia, Malawi and Kenya.
Following the expert interviews, Putnam gained the insights they needed and presented 60+ actionable, expert-backed recommendations to their client which the client used to decide which ones to develop as pilot programs.
The experts we connected the consultancy with included a:
- A Hospital Director experienced in developing and implementing programs to treat and prevent infectious diseases nationally and regionally.
- A Public health Researcher at a tropical and infectious diseases institution who has authored more than 50 publications on infectious diseases.
- A Physician experienced as a Medical Advisor for Infectious Disease in Africa and Developing Countries at a multinational pharmaceutical company.
- A Hospital Administrator experienced in creating and launching institutional programs or policies to treat and prevent infectious diseases.
- A Doctor and Medical Lead on new and emerging technologies at an Infectious Disease Institute to bridge the gap in healthcare service delivery.
- A Head of Department of Medical Microbiology at a medical school who has authored more than 80 publications on infectious diseases.